What to do at Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios Hollywood history
Universal Studios Hollywood is among the oldest and most famous Hollywood film studios still in use. The official merchandising theme name is "The Entertainment Capital of LA ". It was created to provide tours of the real Universal Studios sets and is the very first of numerous full-fledged Universal Studios Theme Parks located across the world. Woody Woodpecker is the official mascot for Universal Studios Hollywood.
Universal Studios is separated into two areas on different levels, connected by some escalators referred to as the Starway. These areas are known as the Upper lot and Lower lot. At the time of February 2016, The Theme park contains 9 rides, 7 shows, along with a large outdoor play area. Each lot features lots of fun rides, shows, and attractions for all ages. The theme park also has great food, beverage, and merchandise shops.
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem: Guests are transformed into minions and undergo training by navigating an obstacle course. Meanwhile, Gru's daughters try to give Gru a present to commemorate the anniversary of their adoption.
- Silly Swirly: Family-friendly carnival ride spins to give guests a 360-degree view of "Super Silly Fun Land".
- Super Silly Funland: A large outdoor wet and dry play area themed to the Despicable Me.
- Studio Tour: The tour of the Universal Studios back lot, which features backdrops and sets used in many of their films. Also includes attractions King Kong: 360 3-D, Fast & Furious: Supercharged, "Jaws Encounter" and "Earthquake: The Big One"
- Shrek 4D: The ghost of Lord Farquaad captures the quests to interrogate them regarding the location of Princess Fiona.
- The Simpsons Ride: Join The Simpsons as they visit Krustyland take a ride on the new roller-coaster, but things go wrong as Sideshow Bob tries to sabotage the ride.
- The Walking Dead: A Walk-Through Attraction: Follow in the footsteps of human survivors. Battle your way through nightmarish iconic landscapes that bring the most watched cable TV show in history alive! This one is scary.
- Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular: A woman arrives with news of a "Dryland", but rival "smokers" attack on jet skis and boats until a Mariner arrives to fight them off. The show includes Jet-skiers and boats, stunt fights, a crashing plane, and plenty of smoke fire and explosions.
- Universal's Animal Actors: A 20-minute show showcasing stunts and tricks from a variety of animals.
The Wizard's World of Harry Potter
- Flight of the Hippogriff: Learn the proper way to approach a Hippogriff before you take off on a family-friendly roller coaster that spirals and dives around the pumpkin patch, and swoops past Hagrid's hut.
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: Make your way through the classrooms of Hogwarts. Then soar above the castle grounds on a ground breaking new ride that lets you join Harry Potter and his friends on an unforgettably thrilling adventure.
- Ollivander’s Wand Fitting Experience: Step inside this small, dusty shop and choose from an array of Ollivander's wands, or purchase replicas of the Harry Potter™ film characters' wands, Collectible wand sets and more.
- Frog Choir: Watch a Live outdoor show with the students of Hogwarts and their frogs singing and dancing.
- Triwizard Spirit Rally: This show features the characters from Hogwarts performing martial arts moves and gymnastics.
- Jurassic Park: The Ride Starts as a raft ride through dinosaur exhibits, then things go wrong as dinosaurs get loose in the facility, the ride ends with an 84-foot waterfall plunge.
- Revenge of the Mummy: An indoor steel roller coaster ride that accelerates to 45 miles per hour. The ride runs forward then reverses.
- Transformers: A dark ride where the rider's task is to defend the Allspark from the clutches of Megatron the ride travels through the streets and skyscrapers of Chicago.
- Raptor Encounter: A live show performed in the Jurassic Park area featuring a "raptor handler" and a velociraptor.
- Dino Play: A fun interactive play area where you search for fossils, climb on cargo nets, ladders and race down fun slides.
Finding great cheap hotels near Universal Studios Hollywood can be a challenge. With over 2,000 hotels around the Park area, finding the best hotel can be a tough Decision. NewEdentravel has done the leg work for you and located and sorted the best cheap hotels within a 25-mile radius of the theme park.